Here’s how you can keep your family safe and healthy before, during and after a storm.
Know your evacuation routes.
Create a home safety kit:
Enough water for each person to have a gallon a day
Three-day supply of non-perishable food
Battery-powered radio with extra batteries
First Aid Kit
Wrench or pliers
Manual can opener
Be sure that your safety kit is in an easy-to-locate area such as a kitchen counter or coffee table.
Set up a safety room.
Be aware of your location.
Prepare your medications.
If you evacuate, take all medications with you.
Take out cash and fill up your gas tank.
Keep your pets safe, too Your pets need your help and protection during storms. Here are some tips to keep your furry companion safe:
Make sure your pet has identification.
Stay safe during the storm
Keep your family in the loop.
There are ways to protect yourself against costly water losses and claims. Follow these ten easy tips: Outside:
- 1. Disconnect Hoses
- 2. Clean Gutters and Downspouts
- 3. Maintain Trees and Vegetation Inside:
- 4. Know your Water Main
- 5. Check Appliances Regularly
- 6. Investigate Leaks Right Away and Fix Promptly
- 7. Upgrade Washing Machine Hoses
- 8. Install Water Detection Devices
- 9. Check Your Water Pressure
- 10. Monitor Your Water Bill
For immediate assistance, call now 8775574005